Upminster Community Web

 

|Home|

Howard Road

howard-road.jpg (9770 bytes)

Howard Road (pictured here) and St Lawrence Road were developed from 1906 as part of Griggs' garden suburb. These roads of smaller cottages and houses south of the railway, and near the shopping parades, were in marked contrast to the large detached and semi-detached houses across the bridge.

By: Tony Benton

Upminster Comminty Web | Turner Design Ltd 1998-2017 | Contact: admin@upminster.com