Upminster Community Web

 

|Home|

West Lodge

west-lodge-1920.jpg (12175 bytes)

The west lodge to Gaynes, c1920. This flanked the approach drive to the mansion, standing on the south side of Little Gaynes Lane, roughly were little Gaynes Court now stands. It was burnt down in a fire in 1908 and this thatched cottage was rebuilt in the same style but was demolished as part of the development of the Gaynes Park Estate.

By: Tony Benton

Upminster Comminty Web | Turner Design Ltd 1998-2017 | Contact: admin@upminster.com