Upminster Community Web

 

|Home|

Waltham Abbey

Upminster Hall was owned by Waltham Abbey (founded about 1060), and this "new" manor was given by Harold Godwin (later King Harold) to the Abbey in 1062, a general process that was very common in Essex after about 850 AD (see the Early Charters of Essex, by Cyril Hart, 2 vols., Univ of Leicester).

Upminster Comminty Web | Turner Design Ltd 1998-2017 | Contact: admin@upminster.com