Upminster station in the mid-1930s. This was rebuilt in 1932 when the electrified
District line service was extended to Upminster from Barking, after two years'
construction. A quarterly season ticket to Fenchurch Street could still be bought for £3
Upminster station looking west, 1906. The push-pull train to Romford can be seen just
outside the platform. The entrance to the original station, opened on 1 May 1885, was via
the station approach and there was a subway faced with white glazed bricks connecting the
Trains operating on the London, Tilbury & Southend Line route were named after the
places through which the line passed. Although the line did not have a station at Cranham
an engine was still named after the parish.
Upminster Station 1885
By: Tony Benton