A rare photograph showing the building of Upminster Court on Hall
Lane in 1905/6. it was built as a private residence for arthur Williams, director of
Samuel Williams & Co, contractors of Dagenham Dock, to the designs of Charles Reilly,
the London-based architect who lived at High House, Corbets Tey Road.
The avenue approaching Upminster Court. After the Second World War it ceased to be a
private house and has since had a range of uses, including education offices, an old
people's home, a training centre and, most recently as an agricultural college. Some of
the grounds have been incorporated into the adjacent golf course.
By: Tony Benton