Just north of the railway bridge along Hall Lane, stood the Wesleyan church, that was
built and opened in 1910. At this time it was called either "The Tin Tabernacle"
or "The new Iron Church," presumably because of the amount of corrugated iron
used. A new church was built in 1923 and enlarged in 1935. It is now the Methodist church.
By: E.G (Ted) Ballard