Upminster Community Web

 

|Home|

Old Chapel

old-chapel.jpg (12122 bytes)

Built in 1800 by Samule Hammond as a place of worship for a church of Protestant Dissenters, formed by a group of parishioners in dispute with the rector, John Rose Holden Jnr. The Congregationalists used the chapel until 1910, when they relocated to the new church in Station Road.

By: Tony Benton

Upminster Comminty Web | Turner Design Ltd 1998-2017 | Contact: admin@upminster.com