Upminster Community Web

 

|Home|

Oak Lodge

oak-lodge.jpg (12147 bytes)

Oak Lodge, St Mary's Lane, still survives almost unnoticed opposite Somerfield's supermarket as a confectioner's and newsagent's shop (Yogi News, 203 St Mary's Lane). It was built in 1740 and occupied by Revd Jubb, curate of Upminster 1737 to 1763.

By: Tony Benton

Upminster Comminty Web | Turner Design Ltd 1998-2017 | Contact: admin@upminster.com