Upminster Community Web

 

|Home|

National School

On 25th March 1851 came the opening of the National School, so-called because education was provided under the scheme of the "National Society for Promoting the Education of the Poor in the Principles of the Established Church". This school and the adjoining masters' house was sited where the National Westminster Bank now stands in Station Road.

By: Tony Benton

Upminster Comminty Web | Turner Design Ltd 1998-2017 | Contact: admin@upminster.com