Upminster Community Web

 

|Home|

Londons

londons.jpg (11231 bytes)

Londons survived on the west side of Corbets Tey Road, close to Corbets Tey Village, until about 1961. This square Georgian farmhouse, built by Esdaile in 1790, was named after Dr London, the parish doctor who lived there from 1804 until his death in 1819. Londons Close was built on this site in the early 1960s.

By: Tony Benton

Upminster Comminty Web | Turner Design Ltd 1998-2017 | Contact: admin@upminster.com