Upminster Community Web

 

|Home|

Little Gaynes (Gaynes Villa)

little-gaynes.jpg (9518 bytes)

Little Gaynes or Gaynes Villa (later known as the Dower House) was built in 1821 to the east of the old Gaynes manor house by Revd. John Clayton of Gaynes for his daughter, Mrs Thomas Johnson. Like a number of other buildings it was demolished after breaking up of the Gaynes estate.

By: Tony Benton

Upminster Comminty Web | Turner Design Ltd 1998-2017 | Contact: admin@upminster.com