A wagon laden with agricultural produce passes the Huntsman and Hounds, c.1904. This
pub had been rebuilt by its licencsee, Frank Rowe, in 1895/6 on a site which was further
east and further away from the road than its predecessor.
Looking west towards Gooderham's grocers and sub-post office and the entrance to
Harwood Hall Lane. On the right is James Leach, the blacksmith, who owned the forge in the
decades immediately before and after this photo was taken, in about 1905.
By: Tony Benton