Upminster Community Web

 

|Home|

Hill Place

hill-place.jpg (5018 bytes)

Hill Place, Upminster Hill, was completely rebuilt by its owner Temple Soanes in 1873 to the designs of W.G Bartlet of Brentwood. As well as being a grand house at which the famous cricketer W.G Grace stayed in May 1896, it was also a private zoo in the 1890s. In 1927 it became the Roman Catholic convent and School for girls and infants of the Sacred Heart of Mary, and still remains a secondary school for girls

By: Tony Benton

Upminster Comminty Web | Turner Design Ltd 1998-2017 | Contact: admin@upminster.com