Gaynes Lodge or Gaynes Cross (now 201 Corbets Tey Road) in about 1906. Standing
opposite the junction with Little Gaynes Lane and the route to Gaynes Park, this was
formerly the east lodge of Gaynes. Built in about 1770, and now
restored, it was the site of the manor pound for Gaynes where stray animals were put until
claimed by their owners.
By: Tony Benton