Upminster Community Web

 

|Home|

Cosy Corner

cosy-corner.jpg (11995 bytes)

Cosy Corner and forge 1917. Built in 1831 on part of the manorial waste, Cosy Corner was originally a butcher's shop, later used as a grocer's and draper's. In 1909 A.G Burgess of Romford became the owner and thereafter the premises traded as a confectioner's and tea rooms until its demolition in January 1957.

By: Tony Benton

Upminster Comminty Web | Turner Design Ltd 1998-2017 | Contact: admin@upminster.com