Upminster Community Web

 

|Home|

Corbets Tey Village

The village of Corbets Tey, one mile to the south of the Bell crossroads, was a thriving agricultural  community in its own right, supporting, in 1886, three public houses and beer shops, a grocer, a wheelwright and post office, shoemaker and blacksmith. Compared to the rest of Upminster it has managed to survive the 'improvements' of the current century and the village still manages to preserve its charm and character. Further south Upminster remains largely rural, although large areas are given over to gravel working.

Upminster Comminty Web | Turner Design Ltd 1998-2017 | Contact: admin@upminster.com