Upminster Community Web

 

|Home|

Congregational Church

congregational-church.jpg (11502 bytes)

Upminster's new Congregational Church opened in March 1911. The rapidly growing suburb had placed strains on the old chapel at Upminster Hill. With the arrival of Revd Stanley Bloomfield in 1909 efforts to build a new church gathered pace and within two years this new church, costing 4,000, had been completed.

By: Tony Benton

Upminster Comminty Web | Turner Design Ltd 1998-2017 | Contact: admin@upminster.com