Upminster Community Web

 

|Home|

All Saints Church

all-saints-church.jpg (9678 bytes)  all-saints-church-1873.jpg (10579 bytes)

The church of All Saints, Cranham, was completely rebuilt in 1873/4, replacing a much earlier building which had fallen into disrepair. Most of the cost of 5,114 was donated by Richard Benyon of Cranham Hall.

cranham-all-saints.jpg (7626 bytes)


The distinctive outline of the spire of All Saints, Cranham, can be easily recognised in this photo from about 1908. Cranham was a small rural parish with only a few cottages and houses and remained so well into this century. The population in 1901 was under 400 people.

all-saints-1990s.jpg (6991 bytes)

By: Tony Benton

Link to : The History of Cranham by: A. W. Fox, J. R. Kelsey

 

Upminster Comminty Web | Turner Design Ltd 1998-2017 | Contact: admin@upminster.com